When you bought a new computer, you set an admin password during windows installation, but unluckily, when you restart the computer, the password you remembered is recognized as incorrect, what could you do?
Reinstall Windows system? Yes, reinstallation is the most direct way for windows troubleshoots problems, especially for a completely new machine. If you can cope with it, do it. If not, you may find easier Windows password recovery methods.
Solution 1 Reset windows password with Windows installation disc
1. Insert the Windows 7 installation CD into your optical drive, and press any key to boot the computer from the CD. (We take win7 for example)
2. Click repair your computer link.
3. Click the command prompt link.
4. Input command mmc.exe and press enter, console1 window will pop up.
5. Click file, select add/remove snap-in, find local users and groups in the left, add it to the right box and finish it.
6. Go back to console1, expand users, right click the target account, set password for it.
Solution 2 professional windows password recovery software
Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery is specially developed for users who forgot admin and user account password on all popular windows system, such as win 7/vista/XP. The operations are easy too.
Step 1: Install Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery.
Step 2: Launch the software burn it by CD/DVD/USB Flash Drive.
Step 3: Set the locked computer to boot from the created disk.
Step 4: You will see user accounts listed, select one and reset its password to blank.
The whole process can be finished in five minutes, very suitable and helpful for a computer newbie.
For more information, please visit the official page of Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery.