What to do when you forgot admin password and are not able to login? Is it possible to reset windows 7 password to a known one and then login by the new password? Yes, by making use of these three disks, you can realize it easily.
Disk 1: Windows Password Reset Disk
After you have typed in the wrong password, a message will appear informing you that the user name or password is incorrect. Click the "OK" button to take you back to the log on screen.
After you have returned to the logon screen, look just below the password dialogue box and you will see a "Reset Password" option, Click on this to open Password Reset Wizard.
Insert windows password reset disk you have created by floppy disk or USB Thumb drive, and reset windows 7 password as the guide.
Disk 2: Disk Created by Windows Password Reset Software
1. Download Rekeysoft Windows Password Recovery professional.
2. Burn a bootable CD/DVD/USB with the ISO image file in program package.
3. Make settings in BIOS to boot computer from the created CD/DVD/USB.
4. Reset Windows 7 password after the software lists all users.
Disk 3: Windows Installation Disk
1. Insert the Windows 7 installation CD into your drive and boot the computer from the CD.
2. Click repair your computer link to get system recovery options.
3. Click command prompt.
4. Type "net user Rekey 123456" (Rekey is the locked account name and 123456 is the new password set on this account) and enter. Then you will see the Command Completed Successfully.
5. Restart the system normally and login to Rekey with 123456.
They're three simplest ways to reset windows 7 password. With one of these disks, Windows 7 password reset is just a piece of cake.